Monday, October 24, 2011

How can I replace a car headlight? Or how much would it cost?

Hello

my 1999 honda accord lx 's passenger side headlight burnt out, and i got pulled over for it last night. I was wondering if I could replace it myself or how much it would cost if i took it to an auto repair shop?



Thank youHow can I replace a car headlight? Or how much would it cost?Sounds like you are not very mechanical. It is usually a simple procedure - involving a philips screwdriver. If we are already over-your-head, have it done. (Sorry, you did not indicate how mechanical you are)

Went %26amp; found a website that may help:

wiki.answers.com/Q/ How_do_you_replace_a_headlamp_on_a_1999_?br>
Sounds a little more involved than I thought.

Good Luck.How can I replace a car headlight? Or how much would it cost?Definitely do it yourself. Mechanics will snicker and charge you an hour's labor for 10 min work.

Depending on the kind of bulb you want to get, you can spend anywhere from $15 to $45 (depending on light intensity and bulb life) for headlight bulbs at Autozone, most Walmarts, or online. If you've never done it before, I'd go to an Autozone and ask someone there for help. They were usually very helpful if they are not that busy.



I had a honda crv 2001 and it was very simple to change and quick. You might be able to find diagrams by doing a search. GL.How can I replace a car headlight? Or how much would it cost?yep, very simple to replace yourself, but I highly recommend you replace the lights in pairs, you can get a set of decent quality bulbs for about $20.



but one thing you need to remember is to not touch the glass part of the bulb at all, the oils from your fingers cause the glass to heat unevenly, and will burn out the bulb prematurely. if you do end up touching it, clean thoroughly with rubbing alcohol, and i recommend putting some bulb grease in the connection