Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I change the driver side headlight on a 2003 Passat?

There is an %26quot;air box%26quot; in the way.. I called the VW dealership, and they told me I have to bring it in. They want $210 to install each headlight. Can anyone give me some instructions on how to replace the headlight? The bulbs went out on both sides of my Passat. It sucks!How do I change the driver side headlight on a 2003 Passat?both headlamps out at the same time is common. on the back of the lamp there is a rubber cap that just slips on. remove the cap and rotate the bulbs counter clockwise to remove. leave the wiring connecter on the bulb to hold the retainer on to make removal and installation easier. also inspect the yellow and brown wires to the bulbs for signs of excessive heat. somtimes the wires will melt and cause a poor connection.How do I change the driver side headlight on a 2003 Passat?damn German piece of ****....How do I change the driver side headlight on a 2003 Passat?Yup, Passats are infamous for burned out lights. My company had one and they just had to suck it up an pay. I never could figure out how to change them either. Them friggin things burn out way too often. Quality German engineering my ***.How do I change the driver side headlight on a 2003 Passat?both sides,,? this very seldom ever happens,,id check the fuses first,,if it did happen,,you can get them out once you raise the hood,all you need to do is replace the bulb part of it,,remove the lock ring ,and remove the socket and the bulb,,don't touch the new bulb with you hands either if you do wipe it off really good,it will make it blow if you don't,,good luck hope this help,s