Friday, June 3, 2011

How do you change a burned out headlight on a 2002 VW New Beetle?

I've changed headlights out of many cars in my life, but can't figure out how to gain access on this one. I obviously don't want to break anything to gain access, but I am sure it is a simple procedure to do it correctly. Normally, I have gone in through the back of the light fixture (through the engine compartment), but there is no access via this route. I'm wondering if the headlight fixture itself pops out from the front, allowing access to the burned out buld.How do you change a burned out headlight on a 2002 VW New Beetle?I have a 2000 Beetle and had to have both headlights replaced. Both times I took to local Firestone and they couldn't do it so ended up taking to VW dealer. They say they have a special tool - it only took them about 5 minutes to do it, around $2.50 for the bulb and yes - $70 labor.



Hope you can find someone here that can tell you how to do it as to save you the $$



Aloha from HawaiiHow do you change a burned out headlight on a 2002 VW New Beetle?on the back of the light should be 2 clips.. undo them and slide the rear cover off