Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I clean the inside of my headlight?

I have an ek coupe and just took my car to Walmart to have them do the headlight restoration and the guy that did it said he cleaned the outside but i would have to remove the lense and clean the inside. How do I do this without breaking lense?How do I clean the inside of my headlight?you got to take the head light off the car then put it in the oven for 10 min at 350 to melt the glue holding it togeather. then take it out and pry it apart. then wet sand the inside then polish then when the glue stil sticky put it back togeather.How do I clean the inside of my headlight?there should be no reason why you need to clean the inside

the only thing that happens to the inside of the lens is water may get in it

otehrwise, all the cloudy/hazyness

is on the outside



the walmart guy probably didnt know what he was doing, hence why it didnt workHow do I clean the inside of my headlight?Remove the headlight from car. Remove the light bulb. Use this opening to install a mixture of automatic dishwasher soap (cascade) and water. Or use TSP (tri-sodium phosphate) for hardware or paint store. Slosh it around. Use a bottle brush if you need to. Rinse with distilled water a few times. Other water may leave water marks. Then, rinse with alcohol, blow out with heat gun or hair drier. Good Luck!!!How do I clean the inside of my headlight?The guy at Wal-Mart is an idiot there is no need to clean the inside of your headlight that's why they don't make a kit to clean the inside of the lens like they do for the outside.You cant clean the inside by putting it in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 and melting the glue and taking it apart and if you did there is now way to get the glue to hold it together you will leave it open for water to get in and end up replacing the lens in the long run.