Friday, June 3, 2011

How to change Volkswagen GTI headlight bulb?

I own a 2000 GTI, and I want to replace the headlight bulbs with brighter ones. I was going to get Silvania Ultras, but are there any nice white and bright bulbs that you recommend that are not too pricy? Anyway, I looked under the hood, and there is a cover that comes off to access the bulbs. The bulb and wire are held in with like a thin metal wire clip. I was wondering how to remove the clip so I can get at the bulb. ThanksHow to change Volkswagen GTI headlight bulb?It's hard to explain over the internet. That wire clip is almost like a spring. You have to %26quot;bend%26quot; it around part of the housing holding the clip on. You really just have to get in there and take a look at it. Play around with the metal piece and you'll see.

GOod luck :)!