Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do you remove a headlight to clean the case?

I have a '98 Toyota Corolla and it has pretty %26quot;foggy%26quot; headlight cases. I need to clean it. How do I get the case out to do that?How do you remove a headlight to clean the case?it's probably a sealed unit and doesn't come apart if it's like most new vehicles.How do you remove a headlight to clean the case?http://www.permatex.com/products/automotHow do you remove a headlight to clean the case?I'm not certain about your specific case but most headlights are %26quot;sealed%26quot; enclosures. Except of course for the little hole in the back where you replace the bulb.



Is it really on the inside? Or possibly just scrathed and pitted and yellowed on the outside? My lights have the same problem. It's on the outside however and I I can hardly see out of them. I kow there are plastic polish's out there but I haven't tried any yet. Good Luck!How do you remove a headlight to clean the case?If its foggy then its either on the outside, most likely. Or its moisture on the inside.



Plastic polishes help with foggy lenses but the only way to cure the problem is to buy new headlight housings. You can get some nice aftermarket headlights on eBay for cheap.



If its moisture on the inside then you will need to remove the bulbs. Position the car so that the sun is directly hitting the lights. Now take one of those moister absorbers out of a medicine bottle and tape a string to it. Insert it into the headlight housing and it will absorb the moisture.How do you remove a headlight to clean the case?unscrew it with a screwdriver. Look under the hood behind the lights.....