Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I clear up the headlight lenses on my car that have crystalized?

By crystalizing I mean when they get all yellowish and cloudy or foggy. Is there a way I can remove this from the lenses to clear them up like new? This problem really makes night driving dangerous and I would rather not pay the dealer $150.00 to $200.00 to clear or replace them.How do I clear up the headlight lenses on my car that have crystalized?Just sand them down with real fine sand paper 2000 grit final and then polish with a very fine rubbing compound (a small power buffer if available helps), then coat evenly with a UV protection clear coat.How do I clear up the headlight lenses on my car that have crystalized?you can do it yourself just get some sandpaper and sand them probably 600 grit then mask them off and go to a automotive parts store and buy a spraybomb can of clear and spray away. It would probably cost you $20.How do I clear up the headlight lenses on my car that have crystalized?I have heard that toothpaste works well on the plastic lenses that have clouded. Toothpaste has some fine grit in it.How do I clear up the headlight lenses on my car that have crystalized?See if your local auto parts store has a product like this: http://www.janvil.com/plastic_polish.htmHow do I clear up the headlight lenses on my car that have crystalized?You *might* be able to bring your plastic lenses back ...but if they are too far gone then you'll need to replace them. Restoring the clarity of plastic is not quite as easy as these other posters might make you believe. You can put a lot of time and effort into trying to restore them only to find they can't or your results are mediocre at best. You can thank our Federal Government for banning the use of glass in headlight lenses.



The other alternative is replacing the headlight modules with new ones. The link below is to the JCWitney website and their offerings for replacement headlight modules. If you're a little handy you might be able to do this yourself and save the labor and parts cost.How do I clear up the headlight lenses on my car that have crystalized?Use Turtle Wax's polishing compound. It's made for paint, but works great on lights! They sell a lense restore kit, but I'd try this first cause it works good, and it's cheap. I've never been a big fan of the plastic polish kits, they don't work on ATV plastic like they claim.



http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,



http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,