Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to remove a panel from my Honda Civic (area behind the front headlight)?

I have a sizable dent (maybe the size of a volleyball) in the panel that is behind the front right headlight of my Honda Civic. If I were able to remove the panel, I'm pretty sure I could push the dent out (the metal isn't really bent, just %26quot;pushed in%26quot;). Is there any easy way for me to remove the panel and then reaffix it? Thanks!How to remove a panel from my Honda Civic (area behind the front headlight)?You'll need a ratchet wrench (and an extension for the bolt at the door hinge) and 10mm socket to remove the bolts holding the side fender panel. 3 on top, one behind the door hinge. You'll also need to remove the screws underneath holding the splash guard.



Once removed, you'll be able to pull out the panel (side fender) very easily. However, you may have a hard time trying to pull/push the dent back into shape. I had to jump on mine to form the metal sheet to an acceptable shape, lol.



If you're lucky, you can visit your local auto junk yard for just this part and find the one in your model and in your color. Then replace it.



Good luck!How to remove a panel from my Honda Civic (area behind the front headlight)?You should start off by not being so abusive to your car. Smacking it with volleyballs isn't good for it. It may run you over some day if you're not careful. Just take it to a good bodyshop. but make sure you ask for its permission first. i mean im sure u already violated its trust and hurt his feelings when you dented his face with a volleyball...i should report youHow to remove a panel from my Honda Civic (area behind the front headlight)?open the hood there are three 10mm bolts on top of the fender. open the door and remove the 2 10mm bolts on the fender. You also have to take the bolt off that connects the fender to the bumper.How to remove a panel from my Honda Civic (area behind the front headlight)?the best way is probaly take it to someone who knows what they are doing but if you want to you can take the screws out of the wheel well and then it should come off and the just put it back onHow to remove a panel from my Honda Civic (area behind the front headlight)?get under the car and look and see if any screws are connected to it. if you can, buy these little suction cups made for small dents. they will take most off.