Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I replace the headlight bulbs on a 2007 nissan altima? Please answer if you have done it by yourself?

How do I replace the headlight bulbs on a 2007 nissan altima? Please answer if you have done it by yourself beforeHow do I replace the headlight bulbs on a 2007 nissan altima? Please answer if you have done it by yourself?Low beams H-1 bulbs are accessable from behind, under gray screw off covers (remove intergrated power sypply assembly and the coolant recovery bottle). Any other bulb replacment you will have to remove the bumper cover and headlight assembly's or try going thru removing the inneer fender liner. Remember Head light and all bulbs are warrantied for 3 years 36,000 miles. Using higher wattage blue bulbs or HID's will void the warranty of the head lamp assembly. And make sure you get the back of the head light properly reassembled so moisture won't get into the head lamp.How do I replace the headlight bulbs on a 2007 nissan altima? Please answer if you have done it by yourself?Let me first say that I have a 2002 Altima but don't believe the headlight mechanism changed much on the new body. Secondly, it is a pain in the you know what. When I changed mine, I had to go up through the wheel to get to the right headlight. Going mostly by feel you have to turn the headlight cap (on the back of the light) 1/2 turn counterclockwise to get to the actual bulb. At this point you need to get the old headlight out by popping it off WITHOUT BREAKING IT!!! Then try and get the new one in without touching the bulb itself (try tight fitting not to thick gloves). It took me about an hour to figure this all out but I ended up saving like $40 by doing it myself. Finally, hopefully I am wrong about Nissan not changing the headlight mechanism because the whole experience is a pain.