Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I just bought a used Mercedes 420SEL. How do I activate the headlight windshield wipers?

The car is in incredible condition for its age (19). The regular windshield wipers work. Do the headlight ones have a separate switch perhaps. I checked the owners manual but cant find anything to help me.I just bought a used Mercedes 420SEL. How do I activate the headlight windshield wipers?Headlights:

Look to the lower left of the steering column/wheel, just below the air vent near the driver's door. You should see a dial with about 5 headlamp icons/settings. The dial or switch usually has an amber colored circle...dot...thing in the middle of the dial/switch; turn it left one notch and the parking lamps come on; another notch to the right and the headlights come on too.I just bought a used Mercedes 420SEL. How do I activate the headlight windshield wipers?No, there is no separate switch. They work with the regular wiper stalk and when you squirt washer fluid on the the windshield, the fluid will also squirt on the headlamps and the H/L wipers will make a few sweeps to clean the glass at the same time.

Congrats and hope you enjoy the Benz.I just bought a used Mercedes 420SEL. How do I activate the headlight windshield wipers?first answer is correct except to say that the headlites need to be in on position.