Monday, September 19, 2011

How hard is it to replace the whole headlight assembly? The glass covers on my 96 Caravan are old + clouded.?

I priced the headlight assemblies and the pair cost about $200. Can I do the work myself or should I take it to a shop? I'm not that good mechanically. How many hours should the job take a skilled person?How hard is it to replace the whole headlight assembly? The glass covers on my 96 Caravan are old + clouded.?There re several cleaners on the market to fix ur problem, basically u need to polish the lenses.How hard is it to replace the whole headlight assembly? The glass covers on my 96 Caravan are old + clouded.?They are pretty easy to change,in fact in order to change the bulbs they need to be taken out,Your owners manual will point out the two bolts.There are ways to remove the oxidation from the old lenses.In the body shop we water sand them and then buff with rubbing compound.It only takes a few minutes and we charge about $20 for both.