Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I replace the headlight bulb for a 2000 Cavalier?

The vehicle's design is very compact and I can't seem to get to the back of the lamp where the socket is without fear of destroying anything. I tried coming at it from above and below but there are obstructions everywhere. Please, help if you know how I can replace it safely.How do I replace the headlight bulb for a 2000 Cavalier?There should be a plastic sight shield that runs across the top of the radator from fender to fender. Either there are clips or a plastic latch that releases the sight shield to give you access to the back of the headlights from the top. Then you just need to unscrew the locking wheel on the back of the headlamp by turning it counter-clockwise to release the bulb. When putting the new bulb in don't touch the glass of the bulb with your bare fingers. The oils in your skin can cause the bulb to burn out prematurely.