Monday, September 19, 2011

How much should it cost to replace a turning signal headlight?

I backed into someone and only cracked their turning signal plastic cover the light. Nothing else is damaged. Does the whole light have to be replaced or can the housing be replaced? How much should it cost so I can know what to expect when the girl calls me bc we didn't call the police. Thanks Oh yeah its for a old VolvoHow much should it cost to replace a turning signal headlight?I helped a friend of mine fix the light housing for her Ford Explorer and it cost around 50 bucks. Not sure how much the installation would have been since I replaced it myself.How much should it cost to replace a turning signal headlight?I think you would be best to start on ebay, and maybe amazon.com, and then salvage yards, or NAPA or auto zone. You don't say if you need right or left or front or back. My husband think you will spend about 100.00 or 150.00 each and he thinks it would probably cost you the same so he thinks you should replace the housing and all, it is probably the same cost. He also thinks that you might have to replace the right and left if it was one of those strange years where the lot or colors or the lenses need to match. So it could be something like the carpet or the paint not being an exact match, it might be that the volvo lens colors might need to match. He says do not go to the dealer, you will get charged a lot. He thinks some places might not sell it separate, so you might consider getting the hole housing.