Monday, September 19, 2011

How To Replace Headlight Switch On 1998 Sunfire?

Does anyone out there know how to replace the headlight switch on a 1998 Pontiac Sunfire? The headlight switch is on the left side of the steering column and is also the turn signal switch as well as cruise control and high beams..



The reason I ask is that right now, my day time running lights work, my park lights work by switchng them on yet my headlights won't go from day runners to low beam when I use the switch. High beams work no problem.



Am I correct in the assumption that it is possibly the switch?How To Replace Headlight Switch On 1998 Sunfire?There's a daytime running light relay that is involved. The daytme lights voltage gets run across a resistor to drop the voltage a bit.



I would need a schematic to see what he problem may be. There may be a module that controls the daytime lightsHow To Replace Headlight Switch On 1998 Sunfire?The switch if thats th problem can be replaced without pulling the steering wheel. Remove the cowl pieces, and you will see what you have to take off, sort of a pain but doable.